Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I haven't blogged in a week, this really takes some getting used to. My last week was busy as usual. I recieved the 100# of freeze freight (meat)that I had ordered 8 days ago. I am still waiting for another 150# of freeze ( heat-up stuff, frozen veggies) from another company to show up anyday. Prices for certain items are outrageous here. I would love to support the local vendors, but it's just too much out of the pocket for a family size of 4. Fresh stuff is an arm & a leg but it's the only thing I buy from the store up here. In all, it's worth it, my girls luv thier fruits and veggies!
My hubba bubba and I are trying to decide to move or not. I don't want to quit my job, I like my co-workers and finding another job right now in a different place can be a challenge with the economy. I would like to move back home to Kodiak, I absolutely love it there. So many camping, fishing and biking areas!! My family and I are very outdoorsy people, rain or shine!
I went to bingo on Sunday, they had an Easter Giveaway. Arlene donated a few baskets to the occasion ( she makes them and owns the only local toy store- Toys Plus), two turkeys and two hams were also given away. The door prize drawing ($250 cash)for the month was also that night. Someone won the Lucky # bingo too, it was up to $565.00. I never one anything! My chances seemed fairly good since there were only 17 people who attended. Oh well, by the time I win, I will recieve all the money I put into games, back in my pocket!
We received new checks in the mail for our finance department. So I was asked to do the dirty job of shredding the old ones. I am not looking forward to it. I wish I could take them outside and build a bonfire, maybe roast some marshmallows-much more exciting than sitting in front of a shredder for a few hours.
I will try and remember to write everyday, if not, I'll see u next time around........

No comments:

Post a Comment